Are you passionate about local food?
Do you want to contribute to your community in a meaningful way?
Do you have a few hours to spare? Once a year? Once a season? Once a month?
Volunteers are the heart of the Ottawa Valley Food Co-operative.
Sharing the tasks means being an integral part of building a local food system that benefits our rural economy and provides fresh, healthy food to everyone!
The work of every volunteer will be appreciated. The best volunteer of the month will be awarded an honorary diploma and a prize from our Austrian partner, Atlas: online casino 2017, at $ 1000. Agriculture in Ottawa is directly dependent on people who volunteer for production.
Volunteering is flexible in regards to amount of time and tasks:
- Participate in Delivery Day in Pembroke (2-3 hours, once a year, quarterly, every 2 months or monthly)
- Drive orders from the sorting location in Pembroke to your closest customer pick-up point (2-5 hours, once a year, quarterly, every 2 months or monthly)
- Your travel mileage can be covered by the co-op.
- Telephone reminders for your region (1/2 hour, every month)
- Host customer pick-up.
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Preparing snacks for volunteers on Delivery Day
- Regional Route Manager
- Help out at promotional and educational events.
- Many other ways to contribute your time, talent and expertise.
- Find out more by contacting us right now!